Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 4:11:42 AM EDT
first off - this rifle is already boxed up for an RMA to the manufacturer, who will remain nameless.

We put together an ar15 for a friend using an upper, lower, and parts kit all from the same manufacturer. I personally test-fired 2 mags thru it and it functioned perfectly. He brought it back over a few days later, said he bought some sellier and bellot .223 and was having some failed strikes on those rounds. No problem I said, bring it over. S&B sometimes have those hard primer problems. I clean the firing pin & bolt setup, reassemble, and load 6 rounds of Ranger .223 into a mag and step out onto the range. Take up my firing stance, acquire a sight picture, and squeeeeeeeeze. 6 rounds fly downrange and shred mr. shadowman's chest. I get the wtf face and quickly clear the weapon and head back to the bench. This did not feel like slamfire at all guys. I checked all the parts in the upper and lower and everything was 100% legal, semi auto only parts with no file marks or anything.

I called the manufacturer and they said box it up and send it back, which I did.

Any thoughts on what could have caused that?

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:14:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Not enough disconnector to hammer engagement or broken disconnector spring.  Most likely just needed a new hammer, disconnector and trigger to be safe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:16:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, thanks. Now I'll know if it happens again.

r/s

Dan
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top