Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2004 8:50:58 AM EDT
I installed a standard, untuned RRA NM trigger in my old Bushmaster lower.  All safety checks are passed, but the letoff is a consistent 39 to 40 ounces.  That's right, a 2.5# trigger from "drop in" parts.

Should I be pleased, or concerned?  I have not tried firing the weapon with live ammo yet, but in dry firing at least 40 times, the sear catches the hammer every time as the disconnect releases it.

Paladin
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You adjust the trigger pull weight by the hammer spring tension.  If the FCG passes the checks, then all is fine.If you start to have light primer strikes, then you may have to install a new/stronger hammer spring, which will increase the trigger pull weight.

In regards to the trigger alone, the real factor is if there is any creep after you hit the second stage tension point.  It should be first stage creep, then hit the wall (second stage), with the feel from that point like you just broke a glass rod to release the hammer.  

When RRA triggers are worked over/custom tuned, its the second stage creep that is removed.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top