Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 4:00:29 PM EDT
On my Bushy it is very very easy to move the selector from safe to fire or vice versa. I feel its toooooo easy. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to stiffen it up a little?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Loosen the screw in the grip, pull grip down and look on the right side where the grip and lower fit. Pull slowly and look for a small  spring that fits between the lower and grip. Don't lose the spring. Now pull the selector out and check for the detent. If you look inside the selector hole on the side (right) where the small spring came out you should see the detent pin. If not then use your finger and push the spring back into place and you should see the detent, if you see the spring coming through the hole then your detent is missing. The detent has a cone shaped end to fit the selector to lock it in place. The spring allows it to be moved as you turn the detent.
Be sure to oil the spring as it will bind and may show the signs you are seeing now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
After removing the grip & inspecting the detent pin it looked worn so I replaced it with a new one. After  I reassembled the grip with old spring & new detent the safety won't move to fire or safe. The new detent pin looked quite a bit longer than the old one. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Problem solved. Took the new detent pin & filed about 1/64 of inch off & smoothed it up afterwards. It fits fine and safety works much better. Thanks for your help. Alan
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top