Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2003 4:57:46 PM EDT
Never done it before, and I need to tighten my barrel nut another notch.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Who built the upper?
Link Posted: 11/29/2003 1:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
The gas tube is held at the front by a roll pin through the gas tube bracket of the front sight base.

Driving out that roll pin frees the gas tube and you can then slide it to the rear until it clears the rear of the front sight base.

Gently pull the free end of the gas tube to one side of the FSB (it helps to rotate the tube so that the bend in it is to the outside) and pull the tube forward until the rear end is clear of the receiver.

[speeling]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:00:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who built the upper?
View Quote

Um-m-m-m-m........not Colt.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#4]
If you find the gas tube hard to remove from the front sight block because of carbon build-up try this: clamp the gas tube a few inches from the front sight with a small pair of vise grips.  (Just enough to get a hold on it, not enough to cause the tube to dent.  Start loose and tighten the vise grips a little at a time.)  When you have a firm hold on the tube use a small hammer to tap on the vise grips (near the gas tube) as you hold them.  This worked greast for me when I installed a free float tube.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top