Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2003 7:21:13 AM EDT
I just got my ciener conversion in the mail and installed it, it shoots great but it wont come out. The only thing I can figure is that it is stuck in the chamber.... any ideas.

PS I have tried everything to get it out, heat hammer, prying...

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
OK boys and girls, Lets all repeat together:

[B]DEDICATED 22LR UPPER!!!!!![/B]

The problems that you run into using the conversion kit is that you get lead scraps up the barrel gas port, and when you return to 223 firing, the lead is just wedged into the tower port and can block the gas ports/tube.  The other problem is that removing the lead scraping requires you to soak, then blow the lead back into the barrel (time to make a tube that will allow you to pressurize/blow out the tube from inside the upper).

Now that I have preached on the reason for a dedicated upper, here is the solution get the adapter out of the chamber.  Start off by soaking the adapter to the chamber in CLP, chances are that you didn't clean out the fouling of the chamber at the last cut before the throat.  
Now with a few cleaning rods together, insert the rods down the muzzle, threw the 22lr adapter chamber.  Now add a 25Cal wire cleaning brush to the rods and slowly pull back on the rod to get the bristles inside the 22LR adapter chamber.  At this point, all that is needed is to just give the end of rod sticking out the muzzle a good tap back down the barrel.  The revered angle of the brush will hold/retain the device and the blow to the rods will knock it loose (out of the rifle).  

P.S. I leave the chastising of the blowtorch, wedging, and prying to others.  Lets just hope that you have thick skin; you’re going to need it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
OK boys and girls, Lets all repeat together:

[B]DEDICATED 22LR UPPER!!!!!![/B]

View Quote

If left in, it IS a dedicated .22LR upper, isn't it? [;)]

Seriously though, I just picked up a ciener kit also. Wish me luck. :)
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top