Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2003 4:52:52 PM EDT
Hello all--

I have a 16" Bushy VMatch, and I figured out real quick-like that an 8# trigger pull isn't real sweet as far as target-grade accuracy is concerned.

So, I swapped the FCG out for the one in my 20" V Match. And that FCG, although 100% in the 20" lower, wouldn't retain the hammer for beans. The pull also jumped to over 20# in the 20" lower!!

In other words, I got doubles each time I function checked it. I knew better than to take it over to the range, of course.

So, I swapped the FCG's back, and the sweet 3.5# pull of the 20" is back (and still 100% for function, BTW), but now the 16" has an eight-pound pull....and now IT doubles, too.

WTF?!? No one around here even has a replacement  milspec trigger group, so I can't check that out.

BUT....

I can strip both lowers down, and it looks like the hammer-pin hole in the 16" lower is further from the trigger pin, as well as lower.

Both Bushmaster, and both in the same basic serial ## range. Why should there be such a discreptancy? And would this cause the issue I am seeing?

Please shed any light you can!

Thanks in advance,

FastVFR
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:24:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure sounds like the holes are in the wrong place.

However...
If the trigger feels ok without the hammer installed then it should not be doing what you describe.  The trigger/hammer sear point is below the plane of the trigger/hammer pivot pins.  Thus the only force required is to make the sear surface slide.

Unless...
The head of the hammer is interfering with the tail of the disconector.  Then pulling the trigger also requires pushing the detent down.  This would happen if the hammer pin was too low or the trigger pin too high.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#2]
fastvfr800,

Send it back to BFI.

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:48:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys.

Tweak, I got my new DMPS lower in last week right after I wrote this thread--and the FCG works well in that lower, so far.

And the Panther lower gives me around 5.8 pounds trigger pull. Sheeesh!

Well, now you know why I don't get the BM factory front-sight tower installed, and instead opt for the A4-Flat top/Milled gasblock configuration!

Thanks again,

FastVFR800
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top