Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 7:37:43 PM EDT
I just switched over to a 4-rail free-float handguard system on my AR.

The barrel nut for the FF has holes drilled all the way around it for the gas tube.

Trouble is, at what I believe to be the proper torque, the gas tube hole does not line up with the hole in the upper. In fact, its right about in-between two holes.

If I back off a little to get the tube in, the torque is just a bit more than strong hand tight. When I tighten down as hard as I can, its still just a mm or two short of lining up.

Do I continue and put gorilla torque on to get the next hole to line up, or go with the "snug with the wrench" torque and back off to the next hole.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Note to self:  R.T.F.F.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Too rushed to deciper that last "F" but the trick is to tighten loosen tighten repeat until the holes align. That is why grease is necessary on the threads.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:48:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Got it. On the check the headspace now, reasseble and refinish. Thanks.

P.S. The last "F" stands for "Forum"....

Kinda like RTFM.... its RTFF....
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
P.S. The last "F" stands for "Forum"....
View Quote

Got it, along the lines of "DAFS"
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top