Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 9:04:56 AM EDT
The rear site on my Oly Arms is not straight it is moved to the left a little its not really noticeable but I was wondering if it might have anything to do with the rifle not lining up with the shot? And how can I correct this? you can straighten it but it moves back when you let it go.....head.gif
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
AR15Plinker,

Before everyone jumps in and tells you that's normal (which to some degree it is) let's do a few checks.

First, run the rear sight up to the middle of its range of motion. Does the rear sight straighten out? Does it seem to fit better against the rear of the upper receiver?

Second, look closely at the threads on the rear sight base. Is the half of the thread in the front (muzzle side) higher or is the half of the thread in the rear (buttstock side) higher?

Third, while doing this can you see the shiny, cylindrical detent that pushes the left (as you sight the piece) side of the RSB to the rear?
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top