Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 3:41:41 PM EDT
Just building some spare bolts and carriers for some customers and found some problems with firing pin holes that were out of center. The firing pin should move freely in it's assembled position and not bind. One bolt was obvious to see that the hole was off center and more obvious to the binding. Got the parts from Brownell's that came from DPMS. Gonna send it back. Real problem could of been tragic...ALWAYS CHECK YOUR WEAPON!!! I'm not a big builder of these fine firearms,but have built enough to know that there are some new folks to the evil lil' black rifle world that aren't as experienced. I'd hate to see someone make a mistake and overlook something like this. Buying prebuilt uppers from leading manufactures can guarantee being test fired. Always check it yourself to be sure.

Just wanted to add that Brownell's said not to send it back. They are going to mail me a new one ASAP free of charge!!! Great service they have.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
After a KB that broke my bolt carrier, I received a new BC from Colt Italy, the bolt didn't went into no matter what, I found with a machinist aid that the hole where the firing pin is inserted was off by 1mm. However, I sent back the BC to Colt and they replaced it immediately. Sometimes manifacturing tools get dull, so an out of spec piece is a real possibility, always check first.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top