Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2003 2:06:23 PM EDT
Just switched to the KAC single point reciever plate.  It comes with it's own buffer tube "nut"  This nut screws down to contact the reciver plate like any carbine set up.  My problem is the reciver plate is slightly wider than the Colt M4 plate currently on the carbine and the "nut" is lightly less wide than the Colt one on there.  The only stock wrench I have is the kind that will fit the colt nut in that it has the square notches cut in from the rear instead of the usual round centered holes.

Does it matter(to anyone that owns one) if you use the COLT "nut" instead of the KAC one in conjunction with the KAC SP reciever plate.  THis combo will extend the overall width of the plate and nut.  I am thinking it should be fine but thought I'd ask the group!  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Horik
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem.  Just used the Colt nut and it worked fine.

The only reason I dont have it any more is the swivel dug into the top of my hand without mercy.

Typical high quality KAC part though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Lumpy!

Just who I'd hoped to hear from since you are the single point man that you are.  I got the Daniel Defense and am swapping it to my 14.5 and using the KAC for my 10.5"er.  Thought I'd try both[:)]     I, like you am now a single point believer,  especially with the shorty!

Thanks again!

ADDING!  My original reciever plate does not appear to want to slide off the tube.  Seems it has been factory pinched in it's "ideal" position with two small square notches at the 11 and 2 oclock positions.  It slides a bit but wont move at those points nearly at all.  I am afraid I will strip the threads if I do too much.  Never seen this before have any of you and if so please advise!  Thanks again!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top