Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2003 9:30:47 PM EDT
I have a relatively new Rock River lower that after about 30 rounds the trigger pin tends to "walk" out to the right side of the receiver about1/16 of an inch. Any quick fixes for this or should I just replace the pin? Or is there a problem elsewhere? The fit on the pin is pretty tight as it takes a little bit of pressure to push it back in place Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure the legs on the hammer spring rest against the trigger pin instead of the bottom of the reciever.  They should fit into the grooves on the trigger pin to hold it in place.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a colt whose trigger pin seems to do the same thing.  After a while i realized that it wasn't going any further no matter how many rounds i put through it so i stopped worrying about it.  If your hammer spring legs are right as suggested by shadowblade then it may be that your pin has a groove cut a little off or your lower is a little off, whatever the reason if its being retained by the hammer spring then it shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you ever fix this?

I had similiar problem on my AR10, it was a missing J-spring on hammer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep Fixed it by making sure the hammer spring legs were in the slots on the trigger pin.. The slots in the trigger pin don't seem to be cut deep enough to hold the spring legs in place. Stays in place for a while but then the pin will start to walk again.Think I,m gonna replace the trigger pin and see how that works
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Try grinding a light V angle into the legs of the hammer spring so they'll seat into the annular groove of the trigger pin. Or you can deepen the annular groove with a needle file. Or you can try a diff spring, some use a larger diameter wire. A new pin may fix the prob too. You may be able to swap the hammer pin with the trigger pin and fix it too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#6]
lightened hammer springs may also add to the problem.

If all else fails, get a pair of free-floating pins that have the circlips on each end. They stick-out beyond the receiver a LITTLE bit, but I can guarantee you that they will NOT be walking anynore.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Or you can deepen the annular groove with a needle file.
View Quote

This is what I had to do with my Oly even though I got new springs.  Chucked the pin in my cordless drill and put a jewlers file to the groove deepening it just a little.  No drifting since.

Hoppy

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top