Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2003 3:32:05 PM EDT
Hi Tweak,
Well, I ran into a problem installing my ambi-selector. I can't get the old selector switch out! And of all the accessories this is the one that didn't come w/ instructions! So how do I get the old one out?!? Oh and for installing a tac latch, any suggestions on getting the roll pin out of the charging handle? I couldn't find a 1/16" punch, I'll keep looking but any field expedient tips? TIA!
Matt (aka flipper on TF... told you I'd be stopping by!)

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Flipper,
You have to remove the pistol grip to remove the selector. I know, it just gets better and better.

Can't think of field expedient punches, mebbe, MEBBE a small finishing nail ground flat on both ends.

Check the bigger hardware stores, the big box ones, you may have to buy a set of punches but that ain't bad. Or Brownells, easy bet on that one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Tweak,
Thanks for the help! Turns out we did have the right punch which I broke in the process of getting the pin out! Then the pin broke(-err sort of....) going back in! I just can't win today. It's most of the way in and seems like it's in there good but I would like to get another one to replace it. Where can one get a 1/16" roll pin? If it's flush & operational do ya think I have anything to worry about? At least the Norgon Ambi-Catch went in smooth! Thanks for the help!
Flip
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top