Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 6:42:45 AM EDT
For those of you that remember my gun problems. My gun was short stroking badly and after rebuilding the gun it still didn't work. So I finally sent it to DPMS. They told me only to send in the upper. Got it back and I guess they reemed the gas port and it had a tight chamber. I took it out and rattled off 30 rounds no problems! I hated that gun for the last 5 months, and loved it after a minute!

Thanks for all the input I received.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess you don't want to sell the parts now?
Just kidding.
Glad to hear you are now affected by the black rifle fever and addicted to the smell of expended gun powder.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I already sold most of the parts and rebuilt it only to find it did not shoot still. I have a new upper receiver, new bolt and carrier, new gas block, and replaced a bunch of lower parts. The whole gun is now DPMS and thus they agreed to service it. Works now, I hope it continues to do so.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I was in the thread trying to help you out before. Glad to see you didn't give up on the AR completely.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I almost gave up because I worked on it and rebuilt it 5 times only to have it not work each 5 times! About gave me a nervous break down. Especially because it is such a simple design. That was addicting shooting it. I finally felt the legendary "sproing" everyone talks about. A lot different than my SKS. Both feel cool to shoot, the AR seems to stay more level though when fired.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Especially because it is such a simple design.
View Quote

Just keep telling yourself that dogcatcher223, just keep telling yourself that. [;D]

Glad you have it back and it works. Now, go put 300 rounds through it as fast as you can pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#6]
How many rounds until it is considered broken in, and how many till I should clean it really good? I was told by a couple guys to run it pretty wet with CLP while breaking it in.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top