Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 5:46:31 AM EDT
First post, be easy.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I gotta RRA 16" varminter upper on one of Petes "US Property" stamped RRA lowers w/ NM trigger set. The trigger will not return after firing, I have to push it (the trigger) forward after each fired round. >:/  I followed a thread here and could not found the answer I was looking for.  Have not taken the trigger out, is that a very big deal? Is this somethin that could be fixed be doin a little polishing? Thanks.  That SEBR deal ROCKS
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the trigger spring is either missing, installed incorrectly, or broken.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Did it ever work?

If you can push trigger forward and fire again, then it isn't disconnector or other issue.

See neilfj's post above (broken/missing/improper install) return spring.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Dry fire the gun and with the trigger stuck back open it up and look to see if the hammer is being held by the disconector.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
brasspile, no it has not ever worked properly.

oldman, it is the disconnect that is holding it back.  Any suggestions for a fix?  Thanks for yalls help.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
brasspile, no it has not ever worked properly.

oldman, it is the disconnect that is holding it back.  Any suggestions for a fix?  Thanks for yalls help.
View Quote

Is the spring under the disconnector fully seated into the trigger channel?  If it isn't down _All The Way_, it will make disconnector hang (you do have the spring there, right?).

Is it adjustable trigger?  Takeup adjustment stop could be adjusted too 'tight', back it off a turn?.

Otherwise, is there something under the disconnector area (rear part of trigger) that is blocking it from full travel (piece of scrap metal in bottom of receiver, etc?)?

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Pretty easy to swap out the trigger group if you are mechanically inclined even a little bit. and all that is holding in the disconnector is a pin. And there is a small spring between the disconnector and the trigger. Both are cheap to replace.

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the same problem with by A2 Bushy.  I found a blown primer in the works.  Removed it and then took all the fire control parts out, cleaned, inspected and lubed.  Works better than ever.

Sarge
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I recently had trigger and firing problems, and when i took a good close look I found 2 primer casings lodged in under the safety bolt that was preventing proper operation. Remmedy - use quality ammo!!
Gil
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top