Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2003 4:09:17 PM EDT
I have one magazine that unless I push up on it while firing, it will not cycle another round into the chamber. The other two magazines I own do not have that problem.
What can I do to correct this situation?
The mag locks up apparently just as tight as the others. but...
Any ideas including corrective action would be much appreciated.
Mike
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You said it apparently locks up in the magwell as tight as the others.  I'm not a expert at diagnosing problems but it sounds like it might have something to do with the magazine itself not setting all the way up.  What kind of mag is doing this and what kind of mags are the others that work fine?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that you mention it, it is the less expensive of the three, I think it is the Brit SA 80 mag...or something like that.
Next time I take it out I'll give it a closer look to see if maybe the latch slot is too high. It does not take a lot of pressure to hold it up to allow a round to chamber, but it will not do it automatically.
Thanks for the info.
Mike
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
As you live in a free state I would trash the magazine that gives you problems or mark it as a range only magazine.

Here in my country of Kalifornia we must hold on to each magazine as we have to pass them onto our children - even though we can't pass our rifles on to them [:(]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Throw it away, especially if you live in PRK. Not a good idea to have a crappy magazine in a gun that's about to be taken away from you [;D]
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Could it be possible that maybe the spring is just aging and needs to be replaced?  

Kev
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:00:51 AM EDT
[#6]
It could be the spring. The mag looks new. I was at the gun show yesterday and saw that magazine rebuild kits are pretty inexpensive, even with the green follower, so I may try that before I just toss it away.
Mike
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top