Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2003 10:33:52 PM EDT
Hi guys, I am using my ELISCO M16 this morning.
It has a 13.5 in barrel(converted from the standard 20 in that the military uses) I was firing about 100 rounds ion full and semi auto with no problem. But my last 40 rounds, i had some jams due to short stroking and bolt not locking open after last shot. Ammo was assorted, I noticed that the "blast" became less loud than before( almost like a squib), so I assumed its the ammo thats underpowered or defective. Or did the dirty rifle(100 rounds fired caused it). thanks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds (no pun intended) like it could be the ammo.
Was the rifle clean and properly lubed prior to your range session?
Jams/FTL could also be caused by a bad magazine.
I don't believe it was due to the weapon being dirty, I have fired 500+ rounds out of mine without cleaning, and it showed no signs of problems.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top