Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2003 9:15:14 PM EDT
ive got to fix my ar front sight tommorow. i was wondering if anyone had any tips or info for this method of drilling the taper pins out and installing screws.

any and all info would be great as im not even sure i understand what taper pins are.

i fixed the canted gas block on my ak but id like to go the screw route with my ar so i can get the best posible mechanical zero
thanks
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
How bad is the front sight canted?  Are you able to sight the rifle in with the rear sight, even all the way to one side?  If so, then all you need to do is re-index the barrel in the receiver.

If the rifle cannot be sighted in with the rear sight, then you will need to drift the front tower around a long ways, and you stand a chance of blocking the barrel gas port to the tower gas port when you re-index the tower on the barrel.

As for installing set screws, the tower part is the easy part, it the barrel that needs the taper pin channels welded shut, then four flats milled to use the set screws.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top