Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 6:34:04 AM EDT
This is kinda funny. I recently picked up a muzzle brake for my AR. It attached like a glove being held in with 5 set screws. Screwed em down tight, loc tited them in. Sunday I go out to the outdoor range. First shot, fine. Second shot, the brake flies off. A round never hit the brake, it looks like it just got sucked off. Is there a special way to mount it? The only thing i could think of is making tiny indentations into the barrel where the set screws would go. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never found the recoil of an AR so offensive that I thought it needed a muzzle brake - nor do I like all the noise that comes with them. If it were me, I'd throw it away...

Just My Opinion!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
JM,

Short of turning a groove near the muzzle you're going to have this problem.

Why not thread the barrel and PA a muzzle brake?

Gotta agree with LRP.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like what I will probably do. Thanks for the help guys.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top