Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2003 6:25:11 AM EDT
I just picked this up and believe it or not it is a great lower, nice deep even black color and fits all my uppers tight with no play.

This is the problem, I ran a bunch of rounds through it on friday and noticed yesterday a little movement in the grip, when I pulled the screw it seems to be much finer than a standard AR grip screw. Should I go to a slightly larger screw or the same size but with courser threads?
Or?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought that was about the correct size, I will have to guage this one, either the screw is too fine or the threads have been damaged, unless of course the hole is definitely stripped.

Jeff
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried a different grip screw and its fine, the original was partially stripped and had minimal thread contact.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top