Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2003 6:26:13 AM EDT
Will having the barrel shortened make a rifle shoot high. I had KKF cut my barrel to 14 1/2 and add a brake now with my sights maxed out i am about 10 inches high at 50yds.Will a taller front sight post help?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume you have the rear sight all the way down?!

Cutting off a barrel could shift the point of impact a little but it shouldn't be 10" high with the sight maxed out.

I'd give KKF a call and discuss it with him.  He takes pride in his work and would like to know if something went wrong.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I have the rear all the way down. Let me know what Kurt says.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
DPMS sells a front post that is longer than the stock.  I have had to use it for  a 11.5" barrel due to the sight retaining base being above the edge of the towerwhen zeroed.

[url]https://tp-commerce.techpro.com/pantherarms/shopexd.asp?id=14[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
eljay45,

Could you give us a little more detail?

What make of barrel, upper, carry handle if any?

You're talking 20MOA, AFTER using all the UP adjustment in the front sight, that's quite a bit of adjustment.

Had you zeroed the rifle previously? Try to avoid the taller front sight post if possible as it increases the chances of damaging the post when the rifle takes a hit.

And BTW, oldguy was recommeding that YOU call KKF and ask Kurt.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top