Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 5:52:27 PM EDT
The Short Story:  Have an SP1 that functioned flawlessly and wanted to make a carbine by bolting on an A1 bushmaster upper assbly (HBAR) with the offset pin.

Problem:  20-30 rounds functioned fine...just zeroing in.  Then it started to jam....jammed twice total with the second time leaving a dimpled round in the chamber, (don't think it fired...treating it as if it did not??).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Describe the jam.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The bolt would not return as the round in the chamber was not ejecting....another round was trying to load and couldn't, obviously.  Also, I have a relatively new bolt that worked flawlessly with my sp1 upper (forgot to mention that I'm using the same bolt carrier).

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
And this is a chrome lined Bushmaster barrel?

The round was jammed between the barrel extension and the bolt face?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think it's chrome lined, but not sure.  Reads B MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR.  I'm going to try and get the round (or case) out now...it's sticking out about .3 cm.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Id check both your extractor and your ejector and see if they are freely moving without hitches and with good spring tension.  Is it a new bolt?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, the bolt's pretty new....and I can't seem to get the round out...any ideas there?  I tried gently pushing my cleaning rod through the end of the barrel to push it out but it won't budge.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
spent or live stuck in the chamber?

man I need pics lol, Im slow tonight
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#8]
It should be spent....pretty good dimple on the primer, but it feels like the whole round is together when trying to push it out with the cleaning rod...a little spooked in case it is live.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top