Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 10:34:18 PM EDT
hey guys, well I finally took my pre-ban to the range today. Here's what went on. The rifle would fire fine, but it would keep hanging up on the disconnector and you'd have to push the trigger fwd with your finger or rotate the safety selector. I had dissassembled and cleaned the lower before I went to the range. It's an Oly lower and a brand new bushy upper. I went home disgusted 'cause it was getting late anyway. Dissasembled the lower and cleaned it again. Now I did find some crud in the back of the trigger where the disconnector rides. Cleaned lubed and reassembled. But on the bench the hammer would continue to stick on the disconnector. I cleaned it again and now (on the bench)it seems to working correctly, The disconnector hands the hammer off to the sear like its supposed to. Have any of you guys run into a similar situation? I'd kind of like to get an idea if this will continue to be a recurring problem. Or should I start throwing parts at it? Thanks in advance.  Coop out!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Check that the disconector rotates in the trigger freely.  Make sure the disconector spring has the wide part toward the trigger.

Can't say if the hammer, trigger, or disconector is slightly off but disconectors are cheap.  I would probably stone the flat on the disconector that engages the hammer.  Won't take much.

Be sure and check trigger function after any modification.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, I finally made it back out with her today and she ran flawlessly.[50] Got it zeroed at 100 yds. No problems at all. I guess that gook down in the trigger was the culprit. Later
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top