Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 6:57:24 AM EDT
I have a brand new Bushmaster and have only put about 200 rds through it, I am begining to notice that the charging handle is much more difficult to pull back than when i first got the rifle. When I let the bolt release go it locks fully wihout a problem it's just hard to pull back afterwards. Does the rifle just need to be fired and brokn in more? Any suggestions would be apreciated.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Check to be sure your gas carrier key, (sets on-top of carrier) is not coming "UN-STAKED". This has been know to happen on occasion and could account for the increase in charging resistance.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Has the rifle seen a thorough detail cleaning since you started shooting it?

The products of the break-in and firing end up in the upper, charging handle, bolt, carrier, cam pin, barrel extension, and trigger mechanism. Some of it is gritty and can contribute to rough feeling. You want it gone.

Clean all of the rifle. CLP the bolt parts, and either CLP or moly grease the charging handle, bolt carrier, cam pin slot, and trigger, and see how it works. Don't forget to put a touch of lube on the hammer face where it rides on the carrier. Then either grease or at least put some dots of oil on the action spring.

Good luck!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top