Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2003 5:25:07 AM EDT
I installed an Accuracy Speaks single stage trigger group into my AR-10. Absolutely no creep, light trigger pull, very little overtravel. The trigger group did not come with trigger or hammer springs, so I used the factory springs.

When I dry-fire it, it feels perfect. No creep,light pull, click. When I shoot it at the range, it is a different story.

I took the rifle with new trigger for it's third outing yesterday. I knew the pull would be very light, but the first three shots had me saying "damn" out loud in surprise.

The trigger pull is really too light after a round is chambered. I can touch the trigger, as I am refining the sight picture through the scope, but the least amount of preasure causes the hammer to fall. I can touch the trigger, but I cannot put my finger on the trigger, without sending a round down range.

There was one instance as I shot through two twenty round mags that also caught my attention. Rather than touch-boom, I could actuall feel the trigger sear travel as it was pulled off the hammer shelf. Enough room to travel that I stopped in mid-squeeze in surprise, then continued the trigger pull.

What the heck is going on? When I installed the trigger, I ran through the safety checks and everything seems to function fine. I cannot get the hammer to follow the carrier forward, and it does not double on me at the range. I took it apart last week and filed the front of the disconnector down a little more hoping to get a more positive seating of the sear faces when the disconnector releases the hammer.

The face of the hammer rises about an eighth of an inch when the disconnector releases it and the trigger sets into the hammer shelf. Shorter than the travel on my AR-15, but it seems like it would be enough.

After the one "long" trigger pull I had yesterday, I am back to thinking the sear engagements are not seating fully.

Any thoughts? The trigger is sweet for bench rest shooting, but it really is too light for all around range plinking.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I suggest you call the folks at AS before you do any more filing, they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm strongly leaning toward an AS trigger myself. Never heard anyone else say this about them. Please advise, as you blaze the trail for me!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm watching with interest myself. Did you measure it on a scale--how light is it?

I ended up getting a Jewell 2-stage, but it's always nice to hear about another product.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top