Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2002 5:04:32 AM EDT
Well its not really a issue with the install ,that was easy. The problem I have is that I installed it on a Armalite A4 Carbine with the removeable front site. And the gas tube is now exposed (about 2 inches) along with the plate that goes directly behind the front sight base. Just looks like crap being exposed.

The plate is probably removeable once the muzzlebrake is removed, but being a post ban rifle Im not sure if the muzzle brake is removeable. If so thats a easy fix, but the gas tube will still be exposed.

Anyone else put a SIR system on a Armalite A4 Carbine that wouldnt mind posting pics? I'll post mine here as soon as I get home.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Apolloz66,  Happy New Year.  I'm sure you're already done putting in the SIR. I don't have an Armalite but I did put in the SIR without the front cover plate.  I debated about the front cover being left off, but I like the look, and the main purpose of the SIR is for cooling the barrel.  I've never posted a pic before, so I hope this works.
[img]http://attachments.postoffice.net/tpl/Attachment/323TNXLXJ/ARMS%2BSIR.JPG?FileName=ARMS%2BSIR.JPG&Q=142gLEgFK0172M05&O=2760&ContentLength=77663&DownloadID=DBBC[/img]

[img]http://attachments.postoffice.net/tpl/Attachment/323TNXLXJ/ARMS%2BSIR2.JPG?FileName=ARMS%2BSIR2.JPG&Q=142gLEgFK0172M05&O=80611&ContentLength=87879&DownloadID=DBBC[/img]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top