Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2021 2:49:32 AM EDT
I haven't had any luck searching for what function the (?) has on the gas block. Is it to keep the adjustment hex head screw from moving instead of using a set screw?

I assume #1 is the hole for venting diverted gases forward.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the spring and detent are inside there. Never took mine apart so I couldnt say what exactly it looks like.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just curious of its function. The pictures don't show detail on the screw head so I was perplexed how it functioned. Sounds like it houses a spring and ball that indexes on detents in the screw head.

It looks like it would swing down, but the barrel would interfere with that motion, so I assume the (?) is fixed in position.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Houses the spring and detent.  It’s fixed in position.

#1 is the vent hole for the bleed-off function.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Houses the spring and detent.  It’s fixed in position.

#1 is the vent hole for the bleed-off function.
View Quote

True. And if you look into the exhaust port, you'll see how it intersects with the threaded adjustment screw hole. The more you turn the screw CCW in bleed-off mode, the more area of that intersection is exposed to the exhaust port.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Much appreciated everyone's feedback. I was ready to buy one, but the design had me somewhat baffled and my reason for asking.    

How's the Superlative Arms GB working out for for folks anyway?

I've made my own in the past, but required a modification to the handguard to reach the adjustment. Now I've changed a couple handguards, I'm in need a front adjustment gas block.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Much appreciated everyone's feedback. I was ready to buy one, but the design had me somewhat baffled and my reason for asking.    

I've made my own in the past, but required a modification to the handguard to reach the adjustment. Now I've changed a couple handguards, I'm in need a front adjustment gas block.
View Quote

I would buy it again. I use them mostly in restrictive mode. Even though the design is supposed to lower carbon locking of the adjustment screw, you should still cycle it every 1000 rounds or so. I have started using the Aero AGB due to it's smaller profile though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the insight on the Aero AGB. I found it on sale at Optics Planet, so I put one on backorder to use on another project.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:50:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am happy with mine. I will buy again if I need another one.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top