Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2021 3:22:49 AM EDT
I ordered a 15" Mk16 rail and had it arrive today, finding out they don't include a wrench for their proprietary nut.

Every retailer I've checked is out of stock, and Geissele website is backordered. Plus they are charging me more for shipping than the tool costs.

Is there an alternative tool that would work? Pretty disappointed that I can't build my upper this weekend because of this, with no estimated time for when they will be in stock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Strap wrench if you're comfortable with your ability to judge torque. I use this kind:
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I ordered a 15" Mk16 rail and had it arrive today, finding out they don't include a wrench for their proprietary nut.

Every retailer I've checked is out of stock, and Geissele website is backordered. Plus they are charging me more for shipping than the tool costs.

Is there an alternative tool that would work? Pretty disappointed that I can't build my upper this weekend because of this, with no estimated time for when they will be in stock.
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
It is absolutely pitiful that they can't include a $2 (cost to them) stamped piece pf metal they call a wrench for what they charge for an F'n rail  F, G!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I was in the same boat and rigged something up. However, I saw that Charlie’s Custom Clones had them in stock but priced high

Good luck
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is absolutely pitiful that they can't include a $2 (cost to them) stamped piece pf metal they call a wrench for what they charge for an F'n rail  F, G!
View Quote

You’re not wrong
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Eta: Well, +2 I guess.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

PM sent
View Quote

Replied, Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was in the same boat and rigged something up. However, I saw that Charlie’s Custom Clones had them in stock but priced high

Good luck
View Quote

I would run, not walk away from Charlies.  They are terrible
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck

Spend some time on Google.

He's not wrong. ^^^^^^
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m in the same boat.had my rail for a couple months and can’t find a wrench.I guess I should have stuck with bcm but wanted to try a G rail.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

My buddy was in a similar situation after I warned him that G rails no longer come with wrenches (and a gas block) like they used to.  He tried a V-Seven wrench and it worked perfectly.  Just another option if you can't find a G...and they're nicer to boot.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:44:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Just use a spanner wrench.Nothing special about that barrel nut at all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I have one if you need it
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top