Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2021 10:10:52 AM EDT
Has anyone here any experience with the LPK's that CDNN sells?  Curious about the trigger feel.  All they say is "original equipment", WETF that means.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#1]
They may be leftover Bushmaster / DPMS from their liquidation.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably leftovers, perhaps mixed with some other parts to finish them out as LPK's and make them marketable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:

Probably leftovers, perhaps mixed with some other parts to finish them out as LPK's and make them marketable.
View Quote

I'd have to assume the same.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is his M/O.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone here any experience with the LPK's that CDNN sells?  Curious about the trigger feel.  All they say is "original equipment", WETF that means.
View Quote

Not sure if its worth buying a unknown LPK for $50, if you were looking for cheap  KAK at primary is $35, otherwise just pick the name brand you like for $65 or whatever,
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not sure if its worth buying a unknown LPK for $50, if you were looking for cheap  KAK at primary is $35, otherwise just pick the name brand you like for $65 or whatever,
View Quote

That is what I am trying to find out, and they won't say.  The only reason I am even considering it is they have a couple other things I want.  If they are DPMS or BM it might be worth a try.  Otherwise I would just go with Aero as usual.  KAK?  Meh!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
With CDNN you never, ever, really know what the hell will show up after spending your hard earned money.  They've always been the absolute masters of never, ever, really telling the whole story.  

There are plenty of site-sponsor's here that will actually go to the effort to explain and describe what you will receive for your money and back it up with customer-service if needed, no mystery.  AIM or Brownell's come to mind......
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought two of the CDNN ones in plastic retail packaging with little labeled compartments for all the pins and springs. I got the ones without the hammer/trigger because I always use a two stage.

The parts themselves looked and worked fine. Obviously I can’t tell you anything about the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bought two of the CDNN ones in plastic retail packaging with little labeled compartments for all the pins and springs. I got the ones without the hammer/trigger because I always use a two stage.

The parts themselves looked and worked fine. Obviously I can’t tell you anything about the trigger pull.
View Quote

I bought bulk roll pins, springs & detents years ago & I also usually only put in an aftermarket trigger so about the only parts I really would need from an LPK is the pivot & takedown pins.  I should probably buy a dozen or so of each of those next.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, did a little sleuthing and found the UPC which matches the UPC for Anderson's LPK.  So now the question is, how are Anderson LPK's?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, did a little sleuthing and found the UPC which matches the UPC for Anderson's LPK.  So now the question is, how are Anderson LPK's?
View Quote

They're usually full of MIM-parts, from the FCG, magazine-catch and button, bolt-catch and the selector.  I'm sure they work just fine.

You might want to go to a site-sponsor like AIM Surplus and look at something by UnbrandedAR, something along the lines of their "ELG" LPK.  At least that will be a quality, normal USGI-style LPK for the same amount of money as Anderson.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They're usually full of MIM-parts, from the FCG, magazine-catch and button, bolt-catch and the selector.  I'm sure they work just fine.

You might want to go to a site-sponsor like AIM Surplus and look at something by UnbrandedAR, something along the lines of their "ELG" LPK.  At least that will be a quality, normal USGI-style LPK for the same amount of money as Anderson.  Good luck.
View Quote

My go to is Aero, but I got curious about CDNN's LPK because I needed something else that only they sell and being I will have to pay 9.99 shipping anyway I was looking at other stuff to add to the cart.  I also have some stuff in my cart at AIM so might take a look at those as well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#13]
If you are looking for a "decent" trigger in a LPK, then I'd say go wtih Joe Bob's "Enhanced LPK w/o Grip"

Much better than the PSA EPT offering.  I've got 4 of the Joe Bob units installed, and while one of my other ARs has a 2lb Hiperfire in it these basic triggers from JBO haven't made me go looking for replacements.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top