Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2021 1:48:04 PM EDT
Before I buy . Does anyone have experience  with these lowers?
5 pack special
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few, they are GTG.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of stock, so it may take awhile.

I'm pretty happy with my 5d jig.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
5D is GTG

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
New price? Did not adjust the per unit price in the copy part of the add.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:New price? Did not adjust the per unit price in the copy part of the add.
View Quote

Unfortunately, they may be out of business in six months.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, they may be out of business in six months.
View Quote
Yup along with hundreds of other vendors.  Expect there to be a ton of "fire sales" trying to move as much inventory as possible before the hammer comes down.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yup along with hundreds of other vendors.  Expect there to be a ton of "fire sales" trying to move as much inventory as possible before the hammer comes down.
View Quote

You got that right...They are already starting, noticed a bunch of them at lower prices and in some cases they are "now in stock" all of a sudden
got a notice from a vendor today, that my item is back in stock, funny it's been months, now back in. The country side is about to change, the
profit margin a that 35 dollar lower that you now get almost 100 or more for is about to end...

-Garland
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#8]
So where are they on sale?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Expect there to be a ton of "fire sales" trying to move as much inventory as possible before the hammer comes down.
View Quote

They won't need to have sales to move their inventory.  They can't make them fast enough.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lawyers are lining up just waiting for the ink to dry.  This shit will be tied up in court for some time.  Don't expect many "fire sales" any time soon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Fire sale on something they already run out of all the time? The only ones that might get stuck are the 80% ones that are imported and on the boat. The others will just get finished out as complete lowers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought two about a year ago, one AR15 and one AR10.  The AR10 was perfect, but the AR15 rear take down hole was a bit large.  I had to put one of the orange things inside to make the pin stay.  Other than that they make good lowers and jigs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]
well according the Chaz refugee, the YANKEE marshall on youtube, 80% lowers are just for felons. FKN idiot
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I noticed a couple days ago the same billet lowers were being sold for $100, are now being sold for $120.

As far as 5D 80% goes, the forged lowers are GTG.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#15]
About a year or two ago, someone at the range asked me about if I had tried the 80% lowers, and at the time, I was leery of them (and him asking) and said "No!". I had no interest in them at the time, and really didn't know much about them. I was actually a little concerned about the legal side of things - my lack of knowledge made me reluctant.

Fast forward to 2021 and I have successfully built one and have ordered a forged 80% from 5D so that I can do another. In the present political climate, it seems to be in my best interest. Plus, it's really fun making things myself.

I suspect that my second one will go even smoother than the first, and it wasn't too bad of a project though I had to dig the trigger well a little deeper with a dremell tool after the fact for proper fitment. My initial milling was not quite to spec, as I got a little nervous about the bottom getting too thin. Learning experience - follow the directions. :)
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I noticed a couple days ago the same billet lowers were being sold for $100, are now being sold for $120.

As far as 5D 80% goes, the forged lowers are GTG.
View Quote

The billet lowers are good also.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I wouldnt buy anything from 5d the way they have done / acted in the recient past to there loyal customers. me being 1. go to right to bear and get QUALITY cerro forge 80 % lowers for same price and there in stock
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wouldnt buy anything from 5d the way they have done / acted in the recient past to there loyal customers. me being 1. go to right to bear and get QUALITY cerro forge 80 % lowers for same price and there in stock
View Quote

I've had two Right to Bear 80% lowers that were out of spec, so be careful.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:58:31 AM EDT
[#19]
You should bought last month.

Slacker!

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Classic Firearms has white 80% receivers for $70.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/anderson-80-lower-receiver-am-15-unfinished-white
View Quote

OOS.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Heya...I saw that they are outta stock on the 5 pack deal. Not much of a deal when you hafta broach the fire control pit && drill holes. $50-55 would tempt me to buy a unmilled/blemished 80% lower. There may be a few of the original Builder's Squads that can help you. They will have few opinions and lotza lotza knowledge and experience. I was fortunate to be a member of the Alpha Builders Squad. Networking can be a good thing and you're on the right site. Nice to see Slasher is still around. Is Goat Boy active? My Best Bud_Burma
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where were they out of spec? critical?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#24]
5D price  ($149 a piece)  is insane,,, I can personally  recommend Tactical Machining.
Back in July/ 2020 they went for $38 a piece... times change

80%
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
well according the Chaz refugee, the YANKEE marshall on youtube, 80% lowers are just for felons. FKN idiot
View Quote

Huh, who knew?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Receiver extension not centered property, so BCG would not move rearwards at all. Out of roughly a dozen uppers from 5 different manufacturers, only one (a BCA in each case, oddly enough) would cycle properly on each lower. PSA, Brownells etc would not cycle at all. So I left the one BCA uper in the one, and but my BRan-180 on the other and stopped ordering 80%s from RTB. Sad, as I still order other parts from them, but they wanted me to send the lowers to them before they would do anything, and they were already completed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a 5D lower or two around but haven't got around to finishing all my 80% lowers, it's my cross to bear.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Prices are going up not down. The writing is on the wall and you may have to buy them now or you may not be able to get them at all.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Who's selling those? No-stock at that site.

But in terms of brand, I have used them (and many others), no big issues to note. Not 100% if they fit with every upper.

If you have opportunity to buy 80's, buy buy buy as many as you can. The IBF and FTA know full well what a sit & spin feels like.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I am concentrating on getting engravings pre change in what is an "80%"(non frame or receiver for the purist) and what the serial number has to be if they are licensed and they engrave them. If it goes to proposed and they change what is an 80% you can't necessarily get a custom serial number as they will have to engrave something that meets the new regulations.
As far as who has lowers. Alexandriaprofab, Ghostrifles, tactical machining, Righttobear, Matrix.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am concentrating on getting engravings pre change in what is an 80% and what the serial number has to be if they are manufacturer licensed and they engrave them. If it goes to proposed and they change what is an 80% you can't necessarily get a custom serial number as they will have to engrave something that meets the new regulations.
As far as who has lowers. Alexandriaprofab, Ghostrifles, tactical machining, Righttobear, Matrix
View Quote

I am not sure why the confusion, or perhaps I don't understand the scenario for this 80%.

If you made the Title-I/II then you are the maker, period. No 3rd party becomes the maker just because they are marking the item.

If some 3rd party makes/manufactures the Title-I/II, then they put their markings on it.

I think the FTA rules that may come simply suggest that the "gunsmith" or whomever that takes in a firearm that has no markings, must make markings before it goes back to the owner.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#33]
If the rule changes and I send in what then qualifies as a receiver or frame instead of a non receiver or frame I can not pick the serial number engraved on the item. More about getting something custom now while available from someone that happens to have a license and might be required to meet any new regulations.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If the rule changes and I send in what then qualifies as a receiver or frame instead of a non receiver or frame I can not pick the serial number engraved on the item. More about getting something custom now while available from someone that happens to have a license and might be required to meet any new regulations.
View Quote

My interest in 80% lowers was and is based primarily upon the fact that nobody knows I have them or what remote area I’ve cached them in. License and rules and new regulations… I am sticking with the 2nd.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top