Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 2:51:32 PM EDT
Friend of mine got what appears to be a AR Build. The lower is a JD Machine with a serial number and all caliper engraving.  The upper has a white X on the top of the rail near the charging handle. the front of the upper it looks like a milled out X where the gas tube enters the upper. the rifle doesn't have a gas tube or gas block. it has a free floating hand guard. the upper also has the CERRO  forge keyhole stamp. im just trying to help him out.
i guess he just needs a gas tube and block to make this weapon whole. I personally would like to know who manufactured the upper. The barrel is 5.56mm and is  1 and 7. No manufacture markings that we found. any help will be appreciated.

T
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Cerro forged it, but if there is no manufactures mark, then it will be nearly impossible to actually figure out who did the final milling on it.  A lot of companies that do their own milling use the Keyhole forge marked uppers and lowers, I have DPMS, I have a Delton, I have a Bushmaster, etc.  I have a lot of uppers and lowers that I don't know who milled them, just know the company that sold them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that would have been nice. Next time I visit. I'll take a couple of pictures.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Almost impossible to answer. Never seen an upper with the "X" markings you describe.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Red X Arms upper.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, you nailed it. Thank you for finding that for us.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top