Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 9:53:02 PM EDT
I currently run an all stock Daniel Defense DDM4V5. I was wondering how I could reduce the recoil of the rifle without compromising reliability. It currently has the stock A2 flash hider and I only shoot Lake City XM855 ammunition, 62 grain. It utilizes its stock factory buffer spring with its stock H buffer. I will be acquiring a muzzle brake for it. I've been doing some research regarding how different buffers and their springs could reduce felt recoil. The con I found though, is that it may possibly hinder the reliability of the weapon if the balance is not correct. Should I bother modifying the buffer/spring or should I just keep it stock.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Put an SJC Titan brake on it. Works wonders.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah from what I've seen/heard, the performance of that brake is excellent! It's a little too long for my application though. I was gonna go with the precision armament M4-72 Severe duty instead.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Jpg brake is best per testing I saw
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Since you only plan to shoot one type of ammo, an adjustable gas block should work great
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since you only plan to shoot one type of ammo, an adjustable gas block should work great
View Quote
Second this.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Its mid-length gas? If so, I like running an H buffer with a Sprinco blue spring when running standard carbine length receiver extensions. A great combination in most cases, in my experience.

Even better than that is the Vltor A5. It requires proprietary buffers and a rifle spring, but is an excellent upgrade from the standard carbine recoil system. This, along with a good brake, will soften your gun up even more.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top