Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2017 9:36:56 AM EDT
Got a new project in the works, and I'd like to put a 20" Faxon barrel on it. I used a BA factory pinned low profile has block on my first build, and that process went extremely smooth. I see that Aim Surplus will pin on a low profile block on Faxon barrels, anyone ever try that? I would like to avoid shipping out a barrel to get pinned if possible, though that's certainly a deal breaker. Hoping? to hear some experiences and impressions if anyone had tried the Aim route. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I got one of the 16" Gunnar barrels from AIM w/ pinned GB.
They are gtg.
It comes with a roll pin and is pretty easy to install once the barrel is ready to go.
Love my Faxon barrels btw. Have so many now, I think I have lost count at this point.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I too have a 16" Faxon from Aim, the gas block is set screw and roll pin, you must install gas block yourself.  I'm very pleased with mine.  I believe Aim is the only vendor that will ship a Faxon already drilled for the roll pin.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input. Nathan, speaking as just one guys opinion, a drilled gas block from the factory would win a sale for me. I chose the BA barrel over your Gunner for my first build  for that reason alone. I'm not a builder, just a newb assembler, and having a properly positioned and drilled gas block is a HUGE benefit.  I would chose a factory drilled GB over a secondary vender every time as well. I like everything I read about Faxon barrels, and need to decide on a 20" reasonable? weight barrel, and just found out BA is going to offer a 20" fluted as well. For me alone, they'd win if they drill it as nice as the 16" I bought. It just needs to be drilled, not fully installed, and  that's how BA ships them. I'm not opposed to ordering through Aim, but it's not my preference. Either way thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the input. Nathan, speaking as just one guys opinion, a drilled gas block from the factory would win a sale for me. I chose the BA barrel over your Gunner for my first build  for that reason alone. I'm not a builder, just a newb assembler, and having a properly positioned and drilled gas block is a HUGE benefit.  I would chose a factory drilled GB over a secondary vender every time as well. I like everything I read about Faxon barrels, and need to decide on a 20" reasonable? weight barrel, and just found out BA is going to offer a 20" fluted as well. For me alone, they'd win if they drill it as nice as the 16" I bought. It just needs to be drilled, not fully installed, and  that's how BA ships them. I'm not opposed to ordering through Aim, but it's not my preference. Either way thanks for the response.
View Quote
aim surplus is a fantastic vendor. my mail man "stole / lost" a daniel defense barrel i ordered from aim, even though usps showed that the part was delivered to me (it was not) aim surplus not only refunded my money (sold out of discontinued product that was on a blow out sale that was posted in arfcom gd and inventory lasted about 10 minutes ) but they had my refund back to me (bank) in like 2 days. by far the best customer service i have ever experienced. i would have no issue recommending them and am fairly confidant they would take care of an issue should it arise.  

i have no idea about faxon, they seem to have good reviews, they seem to respond well to queries here. i may have to give them a shot one day, i like the specs of their super light weight .308 barrel it just isn't in the budget right now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Good experiences all around from both Faxon and AIM.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Good to hear positive experiences, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#9]
99% pleased with the 10.5" 5.56mm barrel I bought for my pistol build.

The roll pin it came with was kind of cheesy, so I bought a 3/32" stainless dowel pin of 3/4" length and used that instead of the very short roll pin that was supplied with the barrel/gas block.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#10]
The only thing I wish Faxon would change / offer, is a smaller gas port as an option for people that only shoot good 5.56 pressure ammo and none of that Russian garbage.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top