Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:22:34 PM EDT
LGS has four of these kits (complete with FCG and grip).

What's the quality on these? S&W's site says they're "mil-spec".
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the original M&P sport
it is as nice as any other AR
it seems most AR's under $750 have all the same quality any how
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a S&W M&P middy magpul edition. It has a standard lpk in it. The trigger has s little less creep than the cmmg, psa and Anderson lpk I have used.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I built my precision Recce around a S&W M&P 15 lower.  While I upgraded the trigger group to a Geissele SSA-E, I moved the S&W milspec trigger group over to my HD rifle because it was so smooth and free from grit.  Milspec weight, but so smooth. Far better than any other milspec trigger I've ever used.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds encouraging.

LGS is asking $75 for these kits (S&W's website is $89...ouch). I'll see if he'll knock it down ten bucks to match Primary Arms price on CMMG kits.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I paid $80 for one at sportsman's Warehouse. They quit carrying $60 bushmaster LPKs and started carrying these. I haven't installed it yet though, so no review.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an original M&P sport before it was disassembled for another project, the lower parts seemed like quality as far as I can tell. IIRC they were getting their LPKs from Stag Arms but I'm not sure if that's the case still. From that particular rifle, never had an issue. FWIW my hammer appears to be MIM, but that particular FCG has been in 4 different rifles and has somewhere around 18K rounds on it and it is still going strong.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top