Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 7:11:10 PM EDT
Moma is a lefty, and want to setup my 11.5" SBR for her to use. What can I do for her other than an Ambi safety and charging handle? Bolt catch/release? Mag release? What's out there for lefties? What works and what doesn't?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Double post...
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
After market Piston may help a bit with gas 2 the face. Or teach her to shoot righty. Or just get her a Lefty upper (Stag and JSE Surplus make them). I have a few Lefty friends who are happy to shoot my Ambi-eject ARAK-21 upper when I switch (takes 8 seconds) it to eject left.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a lefty and have done nothing special to any of my AR's. I added an ambi selector switch to one but I neither love it nor hate it and only did it to try it out.

With practice there wouldn't be any need for all those fancy do-dads. I dont even use the ambi controls on my AR-10 that it came with

Quoted:
Moma is a lefty, and want to setup my 11.5" SBR for her to use. What can I do for her other than an Ambi safety and charging handle? Bolt catch/release? Mag release? What's out there for lefties? What works and what doesn't?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Only issue would be with an A1 upper with no brass deflector.
Other than that I just have a couple ambi safeties.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed. I'm a lefty and have done no modifications. The only thing I thought about was an ambi-safety but got so used to using the stock stuff in the Marines, I never installed it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Double thread
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top