Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2016 5:39:18 PM EDT
I'm looking to grab several lpks without triggers (or grips if that brings down the cost).  Where are they cheapest with adequate quality?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used Red Barn Armory's custom LPKs in the past:  http://www.redbarnarmory.com/Build-Your-Own-Custom-AR15-Lower-Parts-Kit-LPK-p/rbacustomar15lpk.htm

There might be other options out there, but they have a very convenient way for you to get just the basics with a couple specific pieces of your choice.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Tom's Tactical - $39.95 w/ Free Shipping.  There are also options to ditch the A2 grip and/or the trigger guard for additional savings.  

http://www.tomstactical.com/toms-tactical-ar-15-lower-parts-kit-no-trigger-group
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone ever use a Joe Bob LPK?  $30 without FCG...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
White oak. Great quality.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Picked up this from AIM just the other day.  No grip, no trigger and hammer. 30 bucks.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XANLPKMHT&name=Anderson+%22Vitals+Only%22+Lower+Receiver+Parts+Kit&groupid=2361
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:28:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I just came across these guys and decided to give it a try. I can't verify their claims for quality yet as mine are due to arrive tomorrow but it's worth a look. Here is some info from their site. They say they make everything themselves in Texas.

CNC Machine parts, NO MIM. or PCM parts (NO metal injected mold or powder compaction molding)
All major components are Phos+ coated for durability & protection against adverse conditions.
All trigger contact points are Polished so there is little to no creep, clean crisp break with little pre-travel.
All metal parts go through a 2nd machining process, deburring for a clean & smooth finish.
All materials & bar stock are from the highest quality metals: Trigger & hammer 8620 steel, trigger pin 4140 steel, disconnector 4340 steel, bolt catch 4340 steel.
100% Mil-Spec fit & function with higher then Mil-Spec processes & finish.
For 5.56, .223 and 300 BLK.
Designed, post manufacturing & packaged in Texas.

Here's a link to the complete kit but they also offer them without trigger and grip. Cost without trigger and grip is $34 I think. I can post pics once I get mine in hand if anyone is interested.
http://shop-wickedindustries-us.3dcartstores.com/Wicked-Industries-Lower-Parts-Kit-LPK-Complete-31-pieces-polished_p_30.html
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently used CMMG's "Gun Builder" lpk, available through many vendors.  Top quality small parts.  No grip, fire control group or trigger guard.  Just what you need and nothing more.  Typically in the $40-$45 price range, sometimes a bit lower
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone tried the ALG LPK?  As good as their triggers?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone tried the ALG LPK?  As good as their triggers?
View Quote

Absolutely G2G... building up one of the Aero Multicam sets from a few months ago. Everything fits as it should, and the ACT trigger included is money.

ETA: I bought the LPK with the trigger - LPK is available without the trigger as well
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered 2 of the CMC trigger lower parts kit minus FCG and grip from Primary Arms for $24.99. I have no idea if they are any good.

I have used many kits and only had one issue. The bolt catch on a Palmetto State Armory PTAC kit was out of spec and the bolt would not lock back.

I have had good luck with:

Palmetto State Armory Premium
Anderson
CMMG
Spikes

Spikes uses the spiral roll pins so they go in like butter. Some guys seem to have trouble with roll pins. I personally have no issues with any.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Check out your local LGS and custom builders.  I needed a pivot pin spring after losing one somewhere in my kitchen while building my first rifle.  I ordered a couple of new ones from Brownells but was impatient waiting and dropped by a custom builders shop.  He didnt have any loose ones so he sold me a complete LPK without FCG and grip for $20.  I put the one spring I needed into the rifle and when I got the shipment from Brownells I had a complete kit again which went into build #2.  Always good to have an extra laying around but al extra parts seem to grow into another build.  Be careful, BRD is all consuming!

BRD, no cure, no cure.  Only treatment one round at a time.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top