Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 11:24:56 AM EDT
Hey everyone, wondering what others have done for putting their trust info on this lower?  It's had me pondering so I figured I would see what others have already done since it's a pretty "busy" lower that doesn't leave much room to put that info. anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I had Tarheel State Firearms engrave my trust information next to the trigger slot (where the trigger sticks out of the lower) on my BAD556-LW lower receiver.  Did the NFA minimum 1/16" letter height (All CAPS). Scott did a great job.  Had it back in 3 days (I'm in VA and he is in NC).  He does the engraving even with the integral trigger guard.  $30.00 + round trip shipping
THSF Laser Engraving
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks linc5870 for the input, I had Orion Arms (I'm in MN) do engraving on one lower right on the bottom of the trigger guard (its flat there and is integral to the lower like the BAD556-LW lower except no holes) but he doesn't have the capability to do what you described on anything without a removable trigger guard.  So I think that leaves me with THSF.  I see all over here how recommended they are.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I just had 2 done. On the 300 BLK I had him do it on the bevel at the bottom of the mag well. This guy does a ton, and said that's where most guys had him put it. The other was for a 9mm build I'm going to do, but hadn't gotten the mag well block yet. I wasn't sure if the mag block would obscure it, so I had him do that one inside the trigger guard on two sides of the trigger hole.

Edit: the one inside the trigger guard was a stripped lower, so there was no problem with him accessing that location.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top