Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2016 11:29:07 PM EDT
I'm building an 8" 300 blk upper.  The tools I have include a polymer clamshell vice block and aluminum barrel blocks.  I typically use the barrel blocks to install/remove muzzle devices to avoid putting torque on the index pin hole.  I can't use these blocks on this barrel cause there is simply no room for it.  Should I just use the polymer receiver block?  I don't really want to shell out the coin for a reaction rod.  Perhaps the bev block I could swing if that would be an appropriate tool for this job.  The device I'll be installing is a silencerco ASR mount with shims.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Just use a couple of wooden scraps.  If you want you can saw out a "channel" for the barrel, but for MD installation wood blocks will work fine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I installed a AAC 51T brake on my 8 inch cmmg 300 blk barrel with the bev block. Worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually I had a brain fart.  I won't be able to use any type of barrel clamp.  The rail I'm using won't fit over the muzzle device so must be installed first, and it goes right to the threads, leaving no room for even some small wood scraps.  I'll just get a bev block.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:10:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually I had a brain fart.  I won't be able to use any type of barrel clamp.  The rail I'm using won't fit over the muzzle device so must be installed first, and it goes right to the threads, leaving no room for even some small wood scraps.  I'll just get a bev block.
View Quote

Wouldn't a reaction rod be the tool for this situation?

I could have kicked myself for not jumping on the BF geissele deals when I found out they were throwing one in for free
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Twofer
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:10:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Threefer

Wtf
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top