Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2015 12:50:26 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has a Aim Surplus NIB bcg that has more than a couple rounds of use on it. If so any problems? I am usually only buy spikes tactical or bcm bcg's.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged I have 6 of them in wrapper for future builds, its 9130/NIB so should hold up a long long time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have their NiB V2 in a .223 for just over a year now. I have roughly 1500 rounds through it with no problems. It's been cleaned about 3 times.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagged
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I used one in my 6.8 build with an ARP bolt. My V2 carrier still looks great and I have done nothing more than wipe it off when I clean the bore of the gun. I think the finish on the earlier ones are not holding up as well and others have reported problems with reactions to Hoppes solvent.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have the NiB BCG, but I do have some of the Nitrided V2 ones.

There are some heavy machining marks inside the carrier where the bolt rides, which I've never seen in any other BCG. I'd imagine the rough surface will cause extra wear on something. A guess would be that the gas rings take more than normal wear, or the nitride on the high spots of the machining marks wears through.

Do the NiB carriers have these machining marks inside?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine is so rough inside, the gas rings are taking a real beating.  Total round count: 5.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do the NiB carriers have these machining marks inside?
View Quote

Its usually a due to a low cost part. Cheap parts don't get the refinement that higher end parts get.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top