Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2015 10:16:08 PM EDT
I did a build and after one shooting trip noticed the hand guard was loose enough when torqued down to  rotate around the YHM barrel nut with not much force.  As I was looking I noticed it's notched out on the lower to mate with the lower, but doesn't.  My BCM's do mate with upper to prevent rotating and help to align the rails.  Anyone else have this problem?  If so, what's the fix?  For the mean time I machined down the piece of the guard the captures and locks it onto the nut to make it less prone to move,  But I can't imagine this should be necessary with a $200 guard!  YHM's warranty is pretty clear on returns, and I plan on calling them this week.  I have a red dot on this rifle, so not a huge deal except that now my BUIS's are not reliable.

I'm pretty bummed on YHM for this issue.....

Any ideas, or similar issues?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top