Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 11:42:19 AM EDT
I got a taste of BRD after assembling my first 2 ar pistols last year. I started with a stripped lower that a friend put together for me and added a assembled upper, next time around I assembled the lower myself and added an assembled upper. After troubleshooting and getting them to run reliably, using a lot of help from here, I was hooked. I decided it was time to add to the arsenal. For some odd reason I decided that I pretty much want to shoot every caliber available so I narrowed down my options to a 223 Wylde SPR, pistol and carbine x39 pair, and a 9mm AR. And after almost getting kicked out the house by the wife once she saw the bank statements this is what I ended up with.

I still am waiting on the adjustable gas blocks from SLR, a couple shim kits for the muzzle devices, port covers and forward assists.

Here are the Aero and QC10 receivers that I will be using. The goldish one will be the SPR, the two silver ones are for the x39 twins (which go to the wife to justify the funding) and the black one is the 9mm.

I've been piling up parts since November and last night I finally had a little bit of time to pull everything out and start working. After sorting everything out into piles for each gun I decided to start on the SPR.

Since I don't have the gas blocks yet I should have just started on the lowers but I went against my better judgement and am paying for it. I got the barrel torqued down and adjusted only to realize that now it might be a PITA to install the ejection port cover and that the Geiselle reaction rod did not like the cerakote inside the receiver.

After all that I decided to just call it a night and try to get all the lowers assembled today.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top