Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2015 10:45:14 PM EDT
Have a question I got a radical firearms 300 BO with a 16" barrel pistol gas barrel and took it out.  It worked great no issues and at 50 yards was accurate.  But I noticed that the brass had been flattened on one side from ejection.  I'm thinking it may be a over gassed the rounds were Rem 125 OTM.  Is there a heavy rifle buffer that might cure this or is an adjustable gas block my only option?  I went with the pistol gas for more reliability with sub sonic loads, have yet to test it with subs.  So I dont know if its going to be an issue with the subs.  Lower is an Anderson arms I built with a magpul moe rifle stock.   Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you put up a picture? I'm not sure what you mean by flattened.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The case mouth is flat on one side after all this time I still dont know how to post pics but I'll see what I can do
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It's probably not over gassed, that's just from hitting the case deflector, which is a sign of normal operation.

On a 5.56, they usually hit the deflector about 1/3 of the way between the shoulder and base, so on a Blackout, it's going to hit right on the case mouth.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok thanks..... yea the case is smacking the deflector have yet to try reload the brass....hope the expander ball will slide in so the brass isnt trashed....wondering if I glued a rubber pad or velco piece would help minimize the denting
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of people do put a piece of velcro on the deflector.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top