Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2014 3:16:45 PM EDT
Take the $20 PSA M-16 Carrier and add the $25 PSA Complete Bolt Assembly.

Am I missing something here??
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
firing pin
firing pin retaining pin
cam pin
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Add the PSA Field Repair Kit and you have a complete BCG with some extra springs for 72.00+ shipping.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
firing pin
firing pin retaining pin
cam pin
View Quote

You can get these three parts from DSG. I believe they have $5 shipping right now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
69.99 bcg complete from psa.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
So in. $50 for a spare carrier and bolt? Yes please. Actually, I've got some impulse control issues. I'm gonna step back from this one....
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Cam, firing pin and retainer is $10.85 at DSA. I bought 4 sets plus $5 shipping.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Something doesn't smell right here.

Vague specs are vague.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Hella cheap...  I ordered one...  can't hurt to have a spare BCG...
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Apparently sold out now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Out now.  

It was a good deal, but at $20 carrier + $25 bolt + $27 kit + $8.50 shipping for a total of $80, it's only ~$20 or so less than what you can get a decent BCG for any time. For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CMMG-BCG-Complete-Bolt-Carrier-Group-Assembly-5-56-Mil-Spec-USA-223-USGI-C-158-/301466001597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4630c620bd

That Bushnell 1x32 optic for $69.99 with free shipping, OTOH, is quite a deal.  Never seen those for under $100, usually more like $130-$150.  Grabbed me another of them!

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Vague specs are vague.
View Quote

If it doesn't say it at PSA it ain't what you want it to be.
Most likely PTAC and we know what that rhymes with.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought 4 bolts the first day of the sale for $108.50 shipped, then the four carriers for $88.50 shipped.

Tonight I bought four sets of firing pins, retainers and cams for 48.40 shipped from DSA.

That's $61.27 each. Are they cheap yes, but they're for the $179 PTAC uppers I bought..
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if these come with the gas key, it just says PSA 5.56 NATO stripped bolt carrier, Chrome Lined on the website. Shows a pic of the carrier and key
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#14]
At this moment, the two items are showing in-stock.  Fortunately I have fairly decent impulse control today (since I just had to buy a washer and dryer... - and I have several spares already).

It looks like the specs aren't bad, but they are indeed less than specific.

I'm wondering why they have the carriers on clearance, which is why they're so inexpensive.  It looks like their "premium, no-logo" carrier...
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#15]
That add has been changed from the original add. First add for $19.99 said " Chrome Lined Carrier, Phosphate Coated, Hardened, Staked Gas Key, Grade 8 Bolts."

I bought from the first add which has the gas key.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#16]
According to a PM I received from Palmetto the second add also has the key and is M16 profile.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vague specs are vague.

Exactly.  I have learned that if what you are looking for isn't in the description then it isn't part of the product.

I just bought an AAC BCG for $145 delivered and have several Spike's and BCM BCG's.  I know they cost more but I know exactly what I am getting.  If PSA wasn't so vague in their descriptions I would buy them but I just don't trust them.

It sucks as they have some great deals at times.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wonder if these come with the gas key, it just says PSA 5.56 NATO stripped bolt carrier, Chrome Lined on the website. Shows a pic of the carrier and key
View Quote

I noticed the same thing.  I will not be surprised when people start receiving them without gas keys installed as the description wins over the picture from what I have seen in the past.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Exactly.  I have learned that if what you are looking for isn't in the description then it isn't part of the product.

I just bought an AAC BCG for $145 delivered and have several Spike's and BCM BCG's.  I know they cost more but I know exactly what I am getting.  If PSA wasn't so vague in their descriptions I would buy them but I just don't trust them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vague specs are vague.

Agreed. I like PSA, but many times their product descriptions are.... well, a little less than accurate.

The description always wins out over the picture.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Agreed. I like PSA, but many times their product descriptions are.... well, a little less than accurate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vague specs are vague.

You're probably right, but I'll post pictures (in 3-5 weeks) when mine arrive.  At that price I was willing to gamble.  They were listed 3 separate times at the $19 or $29 price point ($29 was chrome lined), and every listing had images with the gas key installed (yet all seemed to have slightly different images).  Worst case, it was an OK deal, and I'll be a little bitter towards PSA for the next year.  Best case, it'll turn into a quality BCG for $60 or less, and I'll continue to spend too much at PSA.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I got in on the bolts.
Missed the carriers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Since yesterday their is a limit 1 on the $25 bolt. I've tried to order more than that in my cart for two days. No joy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I received my stripped $19.99 bolt carrier several days ago.  I already had a spare firing pin, cam pin, and FPRP in my parts bin.  I bought a Stag 6.8 bolt and needed a BC for my ARP 16" recon build, so this sale came at the right time for me.

The carrier came with a gas key, which is chrome-lined.  I have no idea if it's a MIM key or not, and whether the fasteners are domestic or imported.

The one feature of note is the staking on the key.  It is staked, but nowhere near as much metal displaced as on my LMT, BCM, Toolcraft 1B1B6 and Bushmaster BCG's. My guess is these carriers were placed on clearance because they did not pass muster with the staking.  That's fine with me, as I can easily displace some more metal myself.  For the price I paid, I am very happy, and this was another smoking deal from PSA.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I received my stripped $19.99 bolt carrier several days ago.  I already had a spare firing pin, cam pin, and FPRP in my parts bin.  I bought a Stag 6.8 bolt and needed a BC for my ARP 16" recon build, so this sale came at the right time for me.

The carrier came with a gas key, which is chrome-lined.  I have no idea if it's a MIM key or not, and whether the fasteners are domestic or imported.

The one feature of note is the staking on the key.  It is staked, but nowhere near as much metal displaced as on my LMT, BCM, Toolcraft 1B1B6 and Bushmaster BCG's. My guess is these carriers were placed on clearance because they did not pass muster with the staking.  That's fine with me, as I can easily displace some more metal myself.  For the price I paid, I am very happy, and this was another smoking deal from PSA.

http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/PSA_BC.jpg
http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/PSA_BC2.jpg
http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/PSA_BC1.jpg
http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/PSA_BC3.jpg
View Quote

Mine came in, and all look exactly like yours pictured.  I'm satisfied with the stake job on mine.  Too many good deals from PSA these days.  The bolts had a limit of one per order, which of course meant I had to make a handful of additional orders to get enough for all the carriers I bought - which also meant I had to buy more items to justify the minimum $8 shipping charge.  Which means I spent way too much (as usual) with PSA.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Seems on par with my other psa bcg
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#26]
staking looks fine to me, the object is to displace metal into the sides of the screws which they did. You don't need to cave the entire side in for it to work.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I ordered a bolt and carrier back in the end of December and I just received them today. The bolt had some steel shaving under the extractor. I removed it and all seems well. It seems obvious from that the qc is lacking slightly. Nothing wrong with it, just glad I caught it. For the price I can't complain.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Just got the one I ordered.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#29]
got my carrier and bolt in Thursday...looks like first pic posted, w/ key, chrome lined. Bolt looks good too. Very nice. Looks, functions a lot smoother than 2 Anderson bcg's I bought at $85 each, for sure.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Salad days my friends!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I found out with the Aim BCG's...

Regardless of hype and popularity, you get what you pay for.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top