Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2014 9:15:15 PM EDT
Well the time has come for me to give up my lurker status in lieu of something a bit more beneficial. lol

I have been very patient over the past 2 years- moving into a new house and not immediately having room for a shop. It's been rough but I have finally been able to move my drill press, my lathe and my mill in. And sometime in the next couple weeks I'd like to begin my venture with tackling an 80% lower. I have watched for a quite a while and visited many mentioned and recommended suppliers of jigs- arriving at a crossroads of sorts... I'm torn between the Desert Warrior Products jig and the Tactical Machining jig. Both seem to be the thicker of the many listed. The main difference being the lack of bushings on the DWP jig. The price is close enough that I wasn't sure whether I should let the bushings be the determining factor on my purchase or not. I can always add drill bushings to the DWP model. Is there any notable differences such as plate thickness?

For the lack of being able to have physically  handled or used either jig I am at a disadvantage. In hopes that I haven't overlooked this very comparison elsewhere I humbly ask for your opinions. If this topic has been covered I sincerely apologize!!!

Scuffy
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have the ability to add bushings, do it to both sides.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top