Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 3:30:08 PM EDT
Ok so I'm planning on building my AR 15. It's both cheaper and more economical. Also the satisfaction will be great too. I'm planning to build it all even the upper reciver. But that leads to my question is it better to build the upper or buy a complete one? I'd rather do it myself and any info/opinions on what to buy the better. Both high and low end. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
When I did my build, I was going to build my upper, but I found a great upper at one of my local gun shops, it is a RRA free float heavy barrel with folding front sight and eotech dominator rear sight for about 500, so it is really adding up the price of what you want compared to what you want already built.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here, I bought a Spikes enhanced upper and it was the same or a little less than buying the individual components. It was a basic build with cheap plastic handguards. I ended upgrading certain parts over time which allowed me to carefully choose my parts and also shoot in the meantime. When upgrading the rail I had to disassemble the upper and put it back together so I got that experience as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy the tools to do the upper the right way, it will make your NEXT builds so much easier!
seriously, get a wrench, a reaction rod, a vise block, whatever.

you are already hooked...

its dead jim...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top