Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 1:07:49 PM EDT
I'm currently creating a parts list for my first ar-15 upper build. I was wondering what some good BCG's were (I'm not looking for anything too expensive) Charging handles and upper part kit suggestions are welcome too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Spikes phosphate M16 carrier is nice.  Typically about $130-$140

PSA also has some deals on theirs.

Just be sure watever you look at has a good bolt and properly staked gas keys.  Then just pick a company logo you like.  ;)

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Charging handles... I have VLTOR BCM Gunfighters Mod 3 and love them, but I just tried a Raptor and may be sold on theirs here on out.  I am also looking at the Fortis Hammer though for a pistol build.  

The rest of the Upper depends on if you want to Free Flat the rail, and if you want fixed or fold up sights.  FF rails typically cost more (UTG Pro is a nice budget rail that is not too heavy), but this also depends on taste.  I also have a Spikes Rail (BAR),and a Midwest Industries SS Gen 2 that is really light.  The lighter they are, the more they cost though.  Strike Industries has a new Rail and other stuff that is pretty cool.  I like the Cobra angledforward grip they have.

I just tried the UTG Pro on my Rock River Operator and I love it.  Smith and Wesson M&P tactical rifles use this same rail, or have.  Optics is a whole other area to get into.  Primary Arms has good deals and fast shipping.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I would go with an AIM V2 Nitride BCG and a BCM gunfighter mod3/mod4 charging handle. Damage ind. has good parts kits.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
AIM has their NiB BCG in stock (at least as of an hour ago) with a lifetime guaranty...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AIM has their NiB BCG in stock (at least as of an hour ago) with a lifetime guaranty...
View Quote

The only reason I suggest the V2 over the standard one is it has the machined extractor instead of the MIM extractor.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The only reason I suggest the V2 over the standard one is it has the machined extractor instead of the MIM extractor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is the V2...

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It is the V2...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is the V2...  

They have a V2 NIB and a standard. You hadn't said V2 when you said NIB and both are in stock right now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy the cheapest junk you can find. That seems to be the consensus here lately.
Didn't use to be that way.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy the cheapest junk you can find. That seems to be the consensus here lately.
Didn't use to be that way.
View Quote

Where here did you see someone recommend the cheapest junk you can find?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I run PSA premium full auto BCG in all my rifles. 109 bucks works every time. I use either DelTon or PSA CH. I have no need for anything else.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I run PSA premium full auto BCG in all my rifles. 109 bucks works every time. I use either DelTon or PSA CH. I have no need for anything else.
View Quote

Looking at the PSA premium one it actually looks really good on paper. Any issues with the one you've had?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I have installed 4. No issues whatsoever. Work great. I have nothing bad to say. I have them in two 16" and a 20". All PSA blem uppers with Del Ton barrels. Work great!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have installed 4. No issues whatsoever. Work great. I have nothing bad to say. I have them in two 16" and a 20". All PSA blem uppers with Del Ton barrels. Work great!
View Quote

I actually just emailed Damage Ind. asking about the specs on their BCG and Bolt. It looks like it should be good but I don't think all the specs. are listed. I think I may like those more than the AIM BCG's and Bolts. The only thing that concerned me with the PSA and I'm not sure why companies do this, but the specs are listed differently than their BCG bolt. I may email them as well about it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#15]
What spec are u wondering about? I have a spare one. I'can take a pic in morning and show u the PSA bolt if u want.

Let me know. My father in law uses the AIM nickel boron one but still has not shot it yet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I am really liking the fortis charging handle and have been using both the nickle and new black teflon coated ones. They to me are better then the bcms and seem more robust and the raptor is still at the top, but not by much as a nib raptor would be awesome, and yes i run all of these CH's , but the hammer and raptor at the top
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What spec are u wondering about? I have a spare one. I'can take a pic in morning and show u the PSA bolt if u want.

Let me know. My father in law uses the AIM nickel boron one but still has not shot it yet.
View Quote

The MPI bolt they sell is listed as only MPI not HPT... The premium BCG looks nice though. Looks like it's all milspec and has the same specs as something like the BCM or DD BCG. I've just been reconsidering my choice in BCG and Damage ind. and PSA are probably at the top of my list. I just want the Bolts to match up with how it would come in the BCG. I mean the same spec of bolt in the BCG as buying a spare.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top