Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2014 10:36:55 AM EDT
I want a magpul fixed stock really bad, just the basic Carbine Fixed Stock,, nothin to fancy.

i want to know if anyone has any experience with it, it's a 10.5 in stock right? about an inch and a half shorter than a A2?

pictures of your rigs with the CFS would be great.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I found the Magpul fixed carbine stock to be the gateway drug to fixed stocks.  The Vltor A5 receiver extension/spring/A5H3 or A5H4 mimics a rifle action very well.
Smooth!
I liked it enough to upgrade my Colt 6920 lower/18" to an A1 stock.
Built a 20" on an A2.
Picked up a Sully stock too for a future SBR 300 BLK.
And kept the Magpul fixed stock/Vltor A5 for a 6933 upper I want.

Nothing bad to say about the Magpul FCS at all.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one for sale if your interested. I found it too short for my stature.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
it's between one of the ACE fixed stocks or the FCS.. i life the FCS for the weight reasons since it's a lightweight build and the ACe are thick rubber and aluminum..

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a couple of them and I'm pretty happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I've put a few on for a couple friends, they are solid. I like the Magpul Fixed Rifle Stock better but it's only an opinion.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I choose it as it's very quiet as this is my .300BLK for deer hunting.  I like it as all of my other stocks on my other rigs say B5 on the side.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two and like them both.  A little short but I added the thicker rubber pad which helped.  Make sure and order the correct one for the fixed stock if you get one.  It can be a little confusing.  I like the solid feel and it does not pull hairs from my beard like the collapsible.  I always wanted the collapsible but now I am going towards fixed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
IMO all the stocks out there are trying to solidify the shooting platform at the desired length.. i like the length (if anything i'm worried about it being too long), so why not just mitigate the moving parts all together..

i could see how the length of the fixed could be an issue for a CQ battle rifle, as you want it as tight to your body as you can get it.. but that's not what i'm going for here
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm kind of in the same camp. I've never had a collapsible stock until AR's. In all honesty, they feel cheap to me. The movement/wiggle bothers me. I'm used to SOLID stocks, they just make the rifle feel so much more rugged. I do like having the adjustable feature, but was thinking of "cheaping out" on one of my AR's by using the "epoxy and pin" method (making it fixed). The MP FCS looks sweet (and reversible) and that's probably a better option.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top