BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/26/2014 11:43:24 AM EDT
So I have a 10.5 LMT SBR Upper.

I've ground off the FSB and reattached it as my gas block

Installing a DD Lite 10" rail.

Once I install the rail, it protrudes just to the point that it covers the wrench flats on my YHM QD Flash hider.  

I can screw on the FH by hand just fine but the wrench flats to torque this thing down are covered by the rail.

My question:

Could I use a strap wrench to get the necessary torque I need for a proper install of the FH?

Bonus question-does it matter if the wrench flats aren't aligned straight vertical or horizontal?  According to the instructions-it just says clean the threads, torque to spec and you're golden.

Thanks

This is my first build.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
you should be GTG using a strap wrench if you are able to get enough contact on the muzzle.  The torque isn't that much on these so good and snug is fine.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you should be GTG using a strap wrench if you are able to get enough contact on the muzzle.  The torque isn't that much on these so good and snug is fine.
View Quote

Appreciate it man
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah i am very glad that i checked online before i put mine on, I seen anywhere from 15-30 ft lbs max, which surprised me a lot. One thing you need to look for is that if it needs to be oriented any certain way. I have a comp/brake, so mine had to be leveled just right to work as intended. I wouldnt think that a flash suppressor would need to be "clocked" but I dont know that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes-nowhere in the instructions does it mention this thing having to be timed/oriented a certain way.   I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. Probably over thinking it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top