Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2013 12:10:24 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I am have been lurking around reading posts for a while now. I finally decided to get a username and make my first post to go along with my first build! I have had several AR's, but have not attempted to build one until now. With the exception of a detent flying up, nearly taking my eye out and hitting the ceiling of my two story living room, I would have to say it went pretty well! It's making all the right noises at least. Just waiting for Christmas to get my upper and stock!

Spikes Tactical Punisher Lower
Spikes Enhanced LPK w/ Standard A2 Grip

http://lonestargunner.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/My-First-Build.jpg
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!
Nice parts! Can I make a suggestion.. ditch the A2 grip and getting something more like this (CAA GRIP) ?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice keep updating with pics.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestion! I actually really like the Spike ST Ergo Grip and will be switching to that soon. I bought the LPK from a friend who purchased it with the intent of building a lower himself. However, he lost the grip and never got around to building the lower. So he gave me a great price on the LPK and I'll suffer with the A2 for the savings.

Your lower looks great btw!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice start!

What are your plans for the rest?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top