Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 1:29:29 PM EDT
Been looking around for a while here reading and learning about the AR world and haven't really seen any posts about les Baer.  If anybody could shed some light on their equipment I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Are they still in biz?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard they built a nice 1911, as far as AR's not sure.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't seen any, but like most or many all his weapons, they have an accuracy guarantee, which seems to be 1/2 moa.  I do have one of his Pll 1911's and the hand fitting is very tight and functions flawlessly.  His accuracy guarantee on these are 3" @ 50yds and you can pay more for the 1.5" guarantee.  This is for 10 rnds and you do get the target.  For his rifles, you get two 5 rnd target @ 100 yds.

Eta, his pistols are a very good bargain, but his rifles seem to come at a premium.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Kinda the wrong section
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Because why?? is why. There are many more capable ar's for the same price. For a 1911 maybe, but even then with Wilson Combat around no real reason again. I guess its a void that has already been filled by many other companies.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Les Baer .204 Ruger barrel on an AR. I am highly impressed in the accuracy. Have a custom Cooper .204 bolt gun, and the AR is just as accurate. I have only seen one Les Bear fully assembled AR, and was not impressed. Actually I was disappointed. It was a "patrol" model, had a non chrome lined barrel, a commercial collapsible stock and the castle nut was installed backwards.  Own a few Les Bear 1911's and they ooze quality and perfection, can't say the same about AR I handled.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the input.  and actually yes i was looking at his 1911s and happened to notice the AR section and was just curious.  im still extremely new to the forum and have been spending the last week or so lerking reading and learning its pretty much all on this site somewhere...just gotta read.  id rather have to much information than not enough.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:46:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the Les Baer Custom AR .223 M4 Flattop Model (Civilian Model). I have had it for maybe 10 years or so - don't remember exactly when I purchased it. It is in my opinion very well made, the fit and finish is excellent, and it is way more accurate than I am. If I had the extra money, I would definitely purchase one of his 1911's. Just my opinion.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top