Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2013 6:46:23 PM EDT
So I am putting a free float fluted Handgaurd on my current build.  So I'm going to need a gas block/sight combo or gas block w/ rails.  I'm really overwelmed with all the choices and I'm wondering what would be my best options?  Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I am putting a free float fluted Handgaurd on my current build.  So I'm going to need a gas block/sight combo or gas block w/ rails.  I'm really overwelmed with all the choices and I'm wondering what would be my best options?  Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
View Quote

I have used a clamp on gas block with attached font sight form Yankee Hill Machine.  Zero Problems.  Just make sure your Freefloat Rail and your Front Sight/  gas block combo are level with the Upper receiver.

Edit:  You can also go with a low profile gas block and put your front sight on the FF rail.

When I went to build mine, I looked at the Photos of others people's Ar-15 builds to get an idea.  

Gunstruction is a great tool to use as a guide

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#2]
there really is no best option. just what you thing will look best becuase there are pleanty of qualitiy front sights to choose from
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Only one I have experience with is the PRI offering. No complaints at all.

Some others makers are YHM, Wilson Combat, KAC, Vltor, and ARMS. Though I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used or installed:

PRI- loved it, still use one.
YHM-  Good for the money.
ARMS-  Great sight a little pricey.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

the combo gas block and front sight adds a level of expense to a basic gas block....but i wanted one for my build as well and chose Vltor's VST...its nice.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top